- Never let anyone, no matter their intention, convince you not to love yourself.
- The things you put energy into grow stronger. This includes hobbies, friendships, career goals and negative thoughts.
- Three things that are explicitly yours:
1) the Notes app on your iPhone
2) the order in which you eat
3) your relationship with God
- You should live in a way that makes you feel good.
- Your weight is the least important thing about you.
- It’s okay to be in constant motion; to exist in a period of complete rededication. It’s also okay to be still. One chaos does not outweigh the other.
- The only person who is under complete obligation to make you happy is yourself.
- Rejection breeds obsession. Fear breeds insecurity.
- There are few things that can’t be solved by a sober trip to Taco Bell.
- On dealing with anxiety: imagine terrible thoughts as tiny, dead flowers in a big lake, and then imagine yourself slowly scooping them up in a net and throwing them away.
- It is a good idea to say nice things to other people as often as you can. Especially when you’re in a bad mood.
- Stop shampooing your curly hair. Research products that will work for your hair type. Buy a microfiber towel. Get used to the way your face looks when you haven’t spent 15 minutes every morning manipulating the way your hair grows out of your head.
- There will be a lot of things that you borrow from other people that make up who you are. The music that makes you happy will have inevitably come from an ex-boyfriend or two. Don’t let this discredit your interests and passions; you are only human, after all.
- Knowing how to make a killer breakfast is the most important culinary skill there is.
- You are, at the end of the day, just a collection of your own expectations: for yourself, for your life, for the people around you. Don’t rely so much on the script you’ve written in your head that you miss the organic parts of your life. Remember kind things as good, remember bad days as over and let small, inconsequent details fade into the background.
- When you’re always waiting for the next benchmark, you miss all the little days in between.
- You like vegetables more than you think you do, but still significantly less than everyone around you. It’s chill.
- Stila Stay-All-Day eyeliner in Jet Black and NYX matte lip cream in Cannes. That is all.
- One of the most important things you will learn how to do is have a peaceful day alone. You will learn how to wake up, look in the mirror and think, “Aw, I look kind of cute!” and then drive to a coffee shop to be alone and work. You will learn to turn inward on yourself, to see the world as it was created for you to fill. You cannot possibly love anyone without loving yourself. (The most cliche thing was true before it was cliche.)
- If you think about a city all the time, buy a plane ticket.
- The more time you spend marveling over how beautiful your life is, the less time you’ll have to think about things you can’t change.
- Do whatever the heck you want to do all the time.